COVID Safe Plan
Our studios are currently closed due to the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic and government restrictions. When we are able to reopen, we will. We encourage you to check our COVID Safe plan regularly for any updates once the studios have reopened.
Like all businesses, we will be making important changes for everyone’s health and safety so before coming back to the studio, please view our COVID Safe plan below to ensure you are up to date with the changes and new safety protocols.
Although we have a FAB team of very supportive and wonderful teachers, it is just the two of us behind the scenes trying to navigate the challenges of the “new norm” and there is a lot to think about to ensure the safety of our students and teachers during this time. What we have implemented today may change and evolve tomorrow, and we appreciate your support and patience during this time.
- If you are showing any symptoms or feeling unwell, or if you have been in contact with anyone known or suspected to be unwell, you MUST stay home. Students who arrive showing symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to take class.
- Please respect others boundaries. Some people are more worried about COVID-19 than others, for some the risk is higher than others. Even if you are low risk and not too concerned, it is our expectation that you respect the space and safety of teachers and fellow students. Anyone not following required protocol will not be allowed to take class.
- Ensure your details are up to date in MindBody
- You must advise Flex Studios if you test positively for COVID-19 and have attended a Flex Studios class since June 22nd
- Class sizes are capped at 10 as per Victorian Government Regulations
- Clear floor markings in the studio for adequate spacing between students
- Extra wipes, sprays and sanitizers around the building for your use
- Hygiene screens at reception to protect your face to face interaction at check in
- Adjusting the heater settings to pull more fresh air from outside (less circulation of internal air)
- iPad self check in removed to minimise surface touching
- Increased cleaning procedures above our already high cleaning standards particularly of high touch areas
- Schedule changes to allow more time in between classes
We will be re-opening with a different schedule than what you are used to while we accommodate new government regulations, primarily to allow extra time for cleaning between classes and to minimise students crossing paths during changeover. We will reviewing the schedule often and it will change as demand increases and restrictions ease, please bear with us.
- Bookings will open 3 days prior
- Bookings are mandatory and we will not be accepting walk ins at this time. You can book via our website or the MindBody app.
- Please be considerate and cancel out of class if you can no longer attend. We have implemented a new cancellation policy which you will find below
- Please utilise our waitlist system if the class you wish to attend is full. This helps us to recognise demand to add additional classes.
- Please do not attend class if you are unwell. Anyone showing symptoms of any illness will not be permitted to take class
- Please ensure that your contact details are up to date in your MindBody account
- Doors will open 15 minutes before class
- Please bring your own mat, there will be no mat hire during this time. We have mats available to purchase at the studio.
- Please bring two towels to class, for all classes. One towel will need to cover your mat and the second towel will be to wipe off excess sweat before stepping off your mat. We have towels available to hire at the studio for $2 and these are professionally laundered.
- Class sizes are capped at 10 with clear spaces marked out in the studio to allow for adequate spacing between students.
- Please wash your hands before and after class. Hand sanitizer will also be available around the studio
- There are extra wipes, sprays and sanitizers around the building for your use and hygiene screens at reception to protect your face to face interaction at check in
- Our teachers will be teaching from their mat with verbal cues and instructions.
- Prop use will be minimal and optional. Weights will be set up next to your space and are disinfected after class. We strongly recommend bringing 2 blocks for your Yin practice. If you wish to use any other props in your classes please bring these from home. We have a selection of props available to purchase at the studio.
- Students will be required to wipe down weights after class with provided wipes.
- We highly recommend cleaning your mat after class, and will continue to provide the spray to do so, but will no longer be providing reusable cloths for this. We recommend bringing your own face-washer sized cloth to wipe down your mat after class.
- Please make your way out of the studio promptly to minimise crossing paths with other students. The studio will be closed in between classes for cleaning. Showers will not be open at this time.
- Please consider leaving us a review on Facebook or Google if you enjoyed your class. We thank you for supporting our small business during these difficult times.
- Book in for your next class remembering that bookings open 3 days prior.
We understand that sometimes things come up, but with limited capacity we are enforcing a new cancellation policy.
For unlimited members the following cancellation policy applies:
- Cancellation more than 4 hours before class will have no charge
- Cancellations less than 4 hours before class will incur a $10 fee
- “No shows” to any class will incur a $15 fee
For all other students (including class packs, the Flexible, the Ultimate and the Committed) the following cancellation policy applies:
- Cancellation more than 4 hours before class will have no charge
- Cancellations less than 4 hours before class will forfeit your session
- “No shows” to any class will forfeit your session and incur a $10 fee
The 6am booking policy still applies for all students.
We understand that not everyone will be ready to return to the studio just yet, and we are happy to keep your membership suspended until you are ready. Please notify us via email if you wish to place your account back on suspension.
Flex At Home online portal will continue to be available with new classes added if you wish to continue your practice from home.
- One set of weights will be provided for Pilates and Power classes
- We strongly recommend bringing 2 blocks to your Yin practice
- Only weights will be provided, you are welcome to bring your own props to all classes if you wish
- We have a selection of props available to purchase at reception if you wish