If it is your first time attending the studio, please arrive 15 minutes before class starts.
If you have been to the studio before, please arrive no later than 5 minutes before the start of class to allow time to check in and get settled on your mat. The front door of the studio will lock promptly at the start of class and late entry is not permitted.
You bet you can! In fact, all the more reason to start! With regular practise, you will be amazed how quickly your flexibility can improve.
It is not unusual to feel overwhelmed in your first few hot classes.
If this feeling occurs, sit down on your mat, take a sip of water, breathe and relax. You can join back in at your own pace or remain like this for the rest of the class. Staying in the room will allow you to adjust to the heat, and allow the teacher to keep an eye on you. Always make sure you are well hydrated before coming into class.
We would love to give you a solid answer here, but your doctor is the best and only person for that, and you should always seek their advice and approval before taking class, especially a hot class! We do not allow practice in hot classes for those in their first trimester and after this we require a doctor’s note. We do not recommend starting a new form of exercise during your pregnancy.
Flex Studios welcomes adult students of any level of experience to join us on the mat! If you would like to chat with one of our friendly team members before you get started, give us a call!
Below are some useful things to know before your first visit:
- Arrive early – Please arrive 15 mins early for your first class to register, chat with your teacher and become familiar with the studio.
- Pre-book – To save your spot in class we recommend downloading the MindBody app or booking online. Bookings are recommended for all classes, and essential for 6 am classes.
- Arrive well hydrated – Hydrate well throughout the day before class and continue to hydrate well after class. We recommend drinking 3-4 litres of water on days where you take hot classes.
- Avoid heavy eating 2-3 hours before class – A light snack like a piece of fruit ½ hour before to keep up your blood sugar up is fine.
- Wear light workout clothing – be prepared to get warm and sweaty!
- Bring a large towel, a yoga mat, and a bottle of water. If you plan to shower at the studio after class we recommend bringing another towel along. Towels and mats are available to hire at the studio for your convenience.
- Come back soon – within 48 hours if possible and practice often when you first start out to make the most of your introductory period.
To ensure the comfort of all students, please keep the following in mind when entering the classroom:
- Ensure you arrive early, as doors will be locked promptly at the class starting time. Late entry is not permitted.
- Please respect other students enjoying quiet time on their mat before and after class by keeping noise to a minimum
- Students are encouraged to sit or lie down on their mat at any time during the class to rest. This is less disruptive than coming and going from the classroom. We ask that you do not leave the classroom until the class has come to an end
- Perfumes and heavy scents are amplified in the hot room so please save them until after class
- Follow the instructions of the teacher and concentrate on your own practice, not those around you
- No mobile phones, shoes or glass bottles allowed in the studio
- Only water allowed in the studio (other drinks are sticky if they spill)